We Redefined Green


Artizen Realty is 99% paperless.  Why does that make a difference?  If you consider that the average real estate agent uses between a quarter to a half ream of paper per client per transaction, this adds up quickly.  The paper industry is the third largest polluter of all industries in the United States.  Real estate has typically helped to worsen this problem.

Artizen Realty has created a new way purchase and sell real estate paperlessly, eliminating almost all of that pollution produced by agents and by the company.  We are also 100% wind-powered, eliminating the pollution created by coal and nuclear power plants that would have supplied our energy.

For those who are wondering about the 1% of paper that we use, even that is eco-friendly!

  • Type 1: For general printing, we use paper made out of industrial sugar cane waste.  80% of the paper is made from sugar cane scraps and the other 20% is made from Certified Plantation Fibre instead of trees.  This paper is 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
  • Type 2: For printed brochures and mailers, we use Hemp Paper.  This paper is 25% hemp fiber (derived from fabric scraps and agricultural crops) and 75% post-consumer recycled paper.  It is processed chlorine-free, biodegradable, and recyclable.
  • Type 3: For our business cards, we use two types of paper.  The first type is eco-certified, 100% recyclable Mohawk Options paper made from 100% post-consumer waste and processed chlorine free.  This paper is generated using wind power.  The inks used in this business card are waterless, low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound), vegetable-based inks.  The second type of paper we use for business cards is FSC-certified, 55% recycled ChorusArt paper.  The inks used in this business card are waterless, low VOC, vegetable-based inks.


Artizen Realty is experimenting with the use of non-tree based eco papers for certain advertising.  Our experiments include the use of paper made from cigars, bananas, mangos, lemons, and coffee.

Since Artizen Realty has no brick & mortar location, we do not consume large amounts of electric, water, and gas.  We are a virtual company with a local presence in the Chicagoland area.  Our only use of electrical energy comes from the servers hosting our website and from our administrative office in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood.  Our website hosting company is eco-friendly and uses 100% wind power to keep all of their websites (and ours) functioning.  Our administrative office is powered 100% by wind power as well!

 

Agents

Buyer Information

Sellers